Friday, July 17, 2009

From the bits and pieces..

Wilsen-x is my brand name I'm a charming guy who like's working with everyone from all race and creed. I love learning new things, socializing and making new friends, exploring new cultures and most especially inspiring the youth in my community and also all over the world through what I’m doing. One thing I have come to learn in the bits and pieces of my life, there is always something, somewhere, somebody or anything of the sort that motivates and inspires you or the opposite. I would urge all the youth around the world to believe in themselves and think about life as a positive vibe.

In my bits and pieces of my life I have achieved a lot but still working hard to achieve more and more. Sky is the limit for me and it’s never enough, I keep on going on and on...

I take this chance to say thank you to the almighty God first for making everything possible for me, when I was down He was there to lift my spirit, when I cried for help He offered solutions for me. Secondly my thanks goes to my entire beloved family who has helped me in driving the vehicle of life to the right direction. Lastly I would like to thank all the people who have helped me in achieving all that I have in one way or the other , I won't mention names for now but some of them are people we have dinned with, worked with, talk to, played with etc, you know yourselves ‘Ahsante sana’.

Having lived in Mathare which is one of the biggest slums in Africa, I have learned the practicalities of life what we say 'learning by doing' or born a 'dreamer' and an achiever from a tender age trying to make both ends meet. Imagine seeing yourself somewhere great in the next ten years but you don’t know how, believe me or not if you apply the practicalities of life you will ultimately succeed.

Below are some of the phrases or quotes I picked from some books some years back when I was sixteen years, some though are my own creations. I would have loved to acknowledge the authors but it is long time since I read this, it is only that they have made me grow and I can't forget them.

Best quotes and phrases;

• If you believe and trust with God anything is possible.
• The 3 D's - dreams, dedication and determination are the swiftest way to success.
• Sky is the limit.
• Wilsen-x (the champion in you...).
• Action speaks louder than words.
• Charity begins at home.
• Hard work pays.
• Work is much more fun than fun.
• All great achievement requires time and tenacity.
• I would rather fail in a course that will ultimately succeed than succeed in a course that will ultimately fail.
• Don't look down upon others despite their age, color, education background etc. Everyone is unique and has potential to achieve.
• Impatience is costly, your greatest mistakes will happen because of impatience
• It's better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation.
• Don't do it for me, but for a purpose.
• These troubles and sufferings of ours are after all quite small and won't last very long. Yet this short time of distress will result in God richest blessing upon us forever. 2 cors 4:17
• Think what next?
• It's better to be hungry now but tomorrow have a smiling face, Persevere!
• It is better a living Dog than a dead Lion.
• God has given each of us the ability to do certain things well Rom 12:6
• Who is your role model and why?
• Don't let the world squeeze you into its own mold let God remake you so that your whole attitude of mind is changed Rom 12:2
• The more you are like yourself the less you are like anyone else. You are like a tree you must put forth the fruits that’s created in you.
• Respect yourself and you shall be respected...
• The person who has no direction is the slave of his circumstance.
• Failure is not defeat it is a temporary detour not a dead end street.
• Don't wait until I get a 'GOLD’ help me in getting it.
• Teach me and I shall learn, talk to me and I shall listen, give me a chance and I shall express myself, correct me when I’m wrong, don't accuse me, help me when I’m down, complement me when have done something right, don't laugh at me but laugh with me. (Great team spirit)
• Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stone to success.
• Ideas are like stars we never reach them but like the marines of the sea we chart our course by them.
• Never give up, hold on...
• You were not born rich or poor you are the one to determine your destiny this are not a permanent status. Anything is possible.
• Three steps forward one backwards.
• Fair play and say No to racism (FIFA)
• Just do it! (Nike)
• If you don’t plan you plan to fail

1 comment: